GENERAL PURPOSE CORDLESS BLUETOOTH 2D IMAGER WITH INTEGRATED DRIVERS LICENSE PARSING
The Zebra DS6878-DL cordless imager offers the complete data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes in an ergonomic, comfortable and easy-to-use design. This single device can capture all common bar codes (1D, 2D and PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays. The on-board Driver’s License parsing agent enables the instant decoding of the bar coded information on driver’s licenses to support a wide variety of value-added applications.
The optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced capabilities, including: the ability to capture signatures, documents and photographs; optical character recognition (OCR) to capture the text in documents; and MICR to capture the numeric information on the bottom of checks. Electronic recordkeeping is enriched and checks can be instantly converted to electronic debit transactions, reducing the time and cost associated with processing paper checks as well as the risk of check fraud. Add easy remote management, business-class durability, future proofing and world-class support and you have a scanner that not only offers the advanced data capture features your users need, but also the extraordinary total cost of ownership (TCO) required to easily justify this technology investment.
SCANNING PERFORMANCE IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY AND TRANSACTION SPEED
Built on Zebra’s revolutionary SE4500 scan engine, the DS6878-DL breaks the barriers that have long separated 1D laser scanning & 2D imaging technologies, delivering an industry first: 1D laser scanning performance on 2D bar codes. Businesses no longer need to sacrifice speed and scanning quality for bar code scanning diversity. Exceptional motion tolerance enables extraordinary scanning speed on all bar codes. The scanner can capture even poor quality and damaged bar codes, virtually eliminating exceptions. The easy to use device offers an intuitive aiming pattern and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager. And the patent-pending fast-pulse illumination consistently delivers the light required to capture the bar code, enabling use in virtually any type of lighting. The result is increased throughput and productivity.
LATEST BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY DELIVERS CORDLESS FREEDOM
The ability to roam up to 300 ft./100 m away from a host device offers cable-free convenience, improving safety and allowing the extension of advanced data capture in more applications and industries. The latest Bluetooth® technology, V2.1 with EDR, improves security and power management, offering superior protection for the wireless data traveling between scanner and host and helping to ensure ample power for full shift use.
BUSINESS CLASS DURABILITY
Built to survive everyday all day use in enterprise environments. Zebra’s best-in-class drop specification of 6 ft./1.8 m drops to concrete. The result is dependable operation, despite the inevitable everyday drops, bumps and spills.
- Comprehensive advanced data capture eliminates the need to purchase multiple types of devices. Captures 1D, 2D and PDF417 bar codes. Optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced data capture capabilities: signature, image and photograph capture; OCR for the capture of printed text; MICR for automated capture of check-related data and conversion of check-based transactions to electronic paperless debit transactions
- Embedded drivers license parsing agent Enables instant decoding of bar coded information on drivers licenses and other national ID documents for effortless auto-population of credit card, loyalty card and other forms; simplifies and error-proofs age verification
- Superior high performance scanning on all bar codes Delivers laser-like performance on both 1D and 2D codes; rapid and accurate capture of poor quality and damaged bar codes; full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager, improves ergonomics and protects productivity
- Superior durability Offers best-in-class drop specification - the ability to survive 6 ft./.8m drops to concrete helping ensure reliable operation in spite of everyday drops
- Lightweight ergonomic design Easy to hold regardless of hand size; reduces fatigue; enables all day scanning comfort to protect productivity in scan-intensive applications
- Flexible horizontal or vertical mounting Easy to mount in virtually any environment from countertop to invisible under-the-counter installation in space constrained areas
- USB charging When paired with the standard charging cradle, eliminates the costs associated with purchasing, managing and providing power to a separate power supply
- Bluetooth® v2.1 with EDR Provides a secure wireless connection to scanner base station for cordless convenience and safety
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Ready Reduces total cost of ownership by enabling remote, network-based management of all devices in all locations
- Supports 123Scan2 scanner configuration tool Enables rapid and easy customized set-up through a free, wizard-based PC software tool