CAPTURE 1D AND 2D BAR CODES, IMAGES AND THE MOST CHALLENGING DIRECT PART MARKS
The Zebra DS6707-DP is a premier general purpose scanner, offering the maximum in data capture flexibility and able to capture images and read virtually all 1D and 2D bar codes and direct part marks (DPM) including the most challenging mark, dot peen.
This highly versatile device is ideal in industries that depend on a wide variety of data types, such as healthcare, aerospace and automotive. With the DS6707-DP, workers can capture the right information at the right time, driving inefficiencies and errors out of business processes improving accuracy as well as employee productivity.
SETS A NEW BAR FOR DPM FUNCTIONALITY
Patented features enable the capture of literally every type of direct part mark (DPM), regardless of size, surface, contrast or density including dot peen as well as laser etch, ink mark, chemical etch, inkjet mold, cast and thermal spray. The high-resolution 1.3 megapixel image sensor is capable of capturing very tiny and very dense codes. Advanced illumination provides the multiple lighting effects required to capture marks on any type of surface. The built-in diffuser provides the indirect light required to capture marks printed on very shiny and reflective surfaces. The proprietary design of the diffuser also directs additional lighting to the edges of bar codes marked on a curved surface, enhancing the image for easier decoding. Finally, a glancing direct light mode provides the bright light required to successfully read low contrast bar codes marked on any type of surface, including challenging polished materials.
EASY TO USE
The Zebra DS6707-DP is easy to use and requires virtually no training regardless of whether your workers are capturing a standard bar code or a direct part mark. The omni-directional scan pattern allows marks to be presented at any angle. A viewfinder and aiming bulls-eye facilitates accurate point-andshoot aiming for image capture. The optional Intellistand provides the ability to switch between handheld and hands-free modes as needed, providing maximum application flexibility.
- 1.3 Megapixel imaging (1280 x 1024): High resolution image sensor for robust image capture and bar code scanning; captures 1D bar codes down to 3 mil density and 2D bar codes down to 2mm x 2mm and as dense as 4 mils
- Support for all major 1D, PDF, postal, 2D and DPM symbologies: Delivers application flexibility; eliminates need for multiple devices — and associated costs
- Integrated advanced illumination system: Multiple lighting modes and an integrated diffuser enable the capture of direct part marks on literally any surface, including reflective, irregular and curves; enables capture of low and high contrast marks
- Text enhancement technology: Ensures legibility of text in scanned documents
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Ready: Reduces total cost of ownership by enabling remote, network-based device management
- Integrated viewfinder, 360° omni-directional scanning, laser “bulls-eye” aiming pattern: Facilitates accurate, first time DPM and bar code capture
- 6 ft./1.8m drop specification, tempered glass exit window: Designed to endure the rigors of everyday use for maximum reliability and uptimes; reduces downtime and TCO
- Multiple on-board interfaces; universal cable compatible: Easy to install; future-proof today’s scanner can connect to tomorrow’s host
- Optional hands-free Intellistand: Enables presentation scanning and automatic switching between hands-free and handheld modes