Zebra DS4608-HC Healthcare Scanner
Protect patient health and safety with the next generation scanning
This versatile healthcare scanner does more for your whole hospital. NICU nurses scan an ankle bracelet to confirm a newborn's identity. Nurses scan IV bags to record time and dosage. Pharmacists scan a medication's barcode to cross-check it with the prescribed dosage. And lab techs scan barcodes to carefully track specimens.
Barcode scanning at a patient's bedside is crucial in preventing medication and specimen mix-ups - two of the potentially deadliest errors in a hospital. Scanning barcodes in a hospital can be challenging. There are many types of barcodes including paper-based, an electronic screen, codes printed on a curved surface, high density codes or very small bar codes in all type of conditions - from smudged to scratched to poorly printed.
Now you can give your healthcare workers the ability to scan them all with the Zebra DS4608-HC. This feature-rich next generation 2D imager resets the bar for scanning performance, scanning range, versatility and ease-of-use. This scanner is the ideal companion for laptops on workstation-on-wheels (wows).
- Scan it all with virtually no exceptions
- Switch between handheld and hands-free
- Easy to sanitize with a disinfectant-ready housing
- Withstands constant disinfecting
- Color: Healthcare white
- Sealing: IP52
- Drops: Multiple 6 ft. drops to concrete and 2000 tumbles
- Single out one barcode from many
- Capture multiple barcodes with one press or the scan trigger
- Large can't-miss point-and-shoot scanning
- Flexible feedback modes - night mode and vibrate
- Easy on the eyes with a light that is emitted soft and unobtrusive
- Large "sweet spot" for can't-miss point-and-shoot
- Scan 1-D, 2-D, postal and PDF417 bar codes
- Dimensions: 6.5" h x 2.6" l x 3.9" d
- Weight: 5.7 oz.
- Operating Temperatures: 32° F to 122° F
- Optional Gooseneck Intellistand for hands-free