Datalogic Falcon X3+ Mobile Computer
DATA IN MOVEMENT WITH THE NEWLY ENHANCED FALCON X3+!
Datalogic is very pleased to announce that the top of the range Falcon X3+ product line has been further enhanced, now with additional models incorporating a new keypad option.
The new Datalogic Falcon X3+ ruggedized mobile computer from Datalogic represents the next evolution of the Falcon product line. Following the form factor of its predecessor, the Falcon X3 mobile computer offers swift, accurate reading capabilities of both 1D and 2D symbologies. Laser models offer speedy reading of 1D linear bar codes as needed at both near and far ranges. The Falcon X3+ mobile computers also provide imager-based technology for customers opting for the flexibility of omnidirectional scanning of both 1D and 2D codes.
A third standard keyboard layout joins the current 29-key Numeric and 52-key Full Alphanumeric standard layouts. In fact, the industrial mobile computers, the 29-key keyboard will now be available also in a ‘Functional Numeric’ flavor, for expanded availability of function keys as primary (first strike), from F1 to F12. Terminal Emulation applications, for example, can leverage these additional function keys to simplify everyday operations in logistics and retail. A very visible ‘Enter’ key with red background completes the intuitiveness of this new keyboard.
Unique features of the Falcon X3+ mobile computer include a pistol grip or handheld form factor, numeric and alphanumeric keyboards, choice of Microsoft Windows® operating systems, a standard range or extra-long range 2D imager, a high performance laser, or an auto ranging laser for maximum distance on 1D labels. Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology provides for good-read visual confirmation when scanning in environments where noise is a factor. The Falcon X3+ mobile computer also incorporates a camera to verify promotional displays and document damaged or returned goods.
Warehouse users of mobile computers carry out a variety of inventory accountability and communications tasks centered on the receipt and disposition of goods. Receiving starts the process as new material arrives at a facility. In some cases, goods will literally be transferred from incoming to outgoing trucks, a function called cross docking. Sorting and put away operations require communication and direction from the host system to ensure the goods are accurately stored for later retrieval. Picking and staging activities kick off the shipping process. Finally stock counts for year-end inventory and cycle counts to verify inventory accuracy must be completed in the shortest possible time.
- Auto Ranging Laser and Extra Long Range 2D Imager
- High performance laser and standard range 2D imager with Datalogic’s patented ‘Green Spot’ technology for good-read feedback
- New Functional Numeric keyboard layout, for expanded availability of function keys as primary (first strike) on the 29-key version (F1 to F12)
- Very visible ‘Enter’ key to speed up commands and streamline operations
- A Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 scan exit window
- IP65 particulate/water sealing rating
- Rubberized polycarbonate enclosures
- A concrete drop spec of 1.8 m / 6.0 ft
- Sequential testing of 1500 random falls from 1 m / 3.3 ft
- Optional 3.1 Megapixel auto-focus camera
- CCX v4 certified, dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n radio
- Bluetooth® wireless communications
- Full shift battery and a choice of 3.5 inch touchscreen displays: QVGA or VGA
- Parallel processor architecture combines an XScale™ PXA 310 806 MHz and a Cortex-M3 processor