Zebra DS9808 Barcode Scanner
NEXT GENERATION HYBRID PRESENTATION IMAGER
The Zebra DS9808 barcode scanner is an innovative combination scanner offers the best of all worlds. This groundbreaking barcode scanner is designed from the inside out to bring a new level of versatility, functionality and performance to the checkout stand. Inside, the Zebra DS9808 offers the very latest in scanning technology, delivering record swipe speeds for 1D and 2D bar codes, as well as the ability to capture images and signatures. Outside, the Zebra DS9808 Barcode Scanner offers an extraordinary one-of-a-kind hybrid form factor that marries a solid base with our advanced handheld ergonomics.
The result? One of the most advanced hands free bar code readers that offers superior comfort and ease of use in both handheld and hands-free scanning modes. The integrated base requires very little real estate at the point of sale, ideal for space constrained checkout stands.
FLEXIBLE SCANNING RANGE
When it comes to scanning distance, the DS9808 sets a new level of flexibility. The standard range (SR) model can scan up to 10.5 in./26.7 cm away in handheld mode, while the long range (LR) model can scan up to 18 in./ 45.7 cm away, ideal when merchandise is too heavy or bulky to easily move out of the customer’s cart. Additionally, the hands-free decode range in both models can be adjusted to meet your needs. For example, to match the EAS deactivation range or to prevent the inadvertent scanning of items in space constricted cash-wraps.
PERFORMANCE YOU NEED TO MAXIMIZE PRODUCTIVITY AND VALUE
The Zebra DS9808 bar code reader has what it takes to keep your checkout lines moving, improving both customer satisfaction and sales. A swipe speed programmable up to 100 in./ 254 cm per second provides rapid fire scanning - a must in busy environments. With omni-directional scanning, there is no need to take the time to orient bar code and scanner. And since the Zebra DS9808 can capture 1D and 2D bar codes on paper labels as well as mobile phone displays, your checkers no longer need to manually enter UPC codes.
The ergonomically positioned trigger on the Zebra DS9808 barcode reader provides easy and comfortable scanning in handheld mode. A specially designed laser-generated aiming pattern offers a clear and bright field of view even in bright sunlight, ensuring first time accurate aim. The extra loud beeper on the Zebra DS9808 bar code reader provides audible verification of an accurate scan in even the busiest retail environments. And a single swipe can simultaneously scan the price and deactivate an EAS tag, further boosting productivity at the checkout stand and preventing those alarms that embarrass your customers and waste security staff time.
- Innovative hybrid design Truly designed for ease of use for both hands-free and handheld scanning; dynamically switches between modes
- Comprehensive data capture: 1D, 2D and PDF417 symbologies; image capture; signature capture and RFID Delivers application flexibility; eliminates need for multiple devices and associated costs; future proof with built-in support for the applications of tomorrow
- Extra loud beeper Audible in the loudest environments
- Extra large LED indicator The Zebra DS9808 barcode reader is clearly visible from all scanning positions
- EAS compatible Enables automatic deactivation of EAS security tags
- Omni-directional scanning; wide working range, laser aiming pattern Easy to use; no need to align item and scanner; virtually no training required
- Withstands multiple 5 ft./1.5m drops to concrete Designed to endure the rigors of everyday use for maximum reliability and uptime and a low total cost of ownership
- Swipe speed programmable up to 100 inches/254 cm per second Optimized scanning speed delivers robust performance and accurate capture of a wide variety of bar codes
- Flexible working range Two models to best meet your working range requirements: DS9808-SR up to 10.5 inches/26.7 cm and DS9808-LR up to 18 inches/ 45.7 cm (in handheld mode)
- Supports RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Lowers IT expenses and TCO by enabling remote management from a central location
- Multiple on-board interfaces; universal cable compatible Easy to install; future-proof. Today’s scanner can connect to tomorrow’s host. The Zebra DS9808 bar code scanner meets you halfway.
- Rubberized handle Provides workers with a comfortable, sure grip
- Recessed connector in the base Minimizes the scanner footprint