The Ultimate in Performance, Innovation and Manageability
As a retailer, you know the checkout experience is crucial - it's the last chance to leave your shoppers with a good impression. The quality of the checkout experience is heavily dependent upon the performance of the scanner you choose. If cashiers need to scan barcodes multiples times or enter unreadable barcodes manually, your checkout lanes can back up quickly, translating into long lines and long waits.
The Zebra DS8100 Series rises above the conventional imager to deliver unprecedented scanning performance on 1D and 2D barcodes, innovative productively enhancing tools and unrivaled manageability to keep your checkout lines moving and your cashiers free to deliver a more personal check experience.
The DS8100 can capture multiple barcodes with one press of the scan trigger. Multi-code Data Formatting (MDF) provides the ability to capture multiple barcodes and transmit only those required in the precise order the application requires.
The DS8100 Series instantly captures full page documents. The DS8100 Series is the only device in its class that can capture a full page document. With a single press of the scan trigger, Zebra's Intelligent Document Capture and the high-resolution 1280x960 camera work together to capture a hi-res image of a full page 8.5 x 11" or A4 document.
The Zebra DS8100 Series - because when it comes to your scanning experience, only the best will do.
All industries can benefit from the DS8100 Series Imager: Manufacturing, government, transportation, retail, and hospitality. For healthcare and hospitals, there is the bacteria resistant Zebra DS8100-HC Series Imager.
- Unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition
- Superior scan range of up to 24"/.61 cm
- Continuous 24 hour scanning with PowerPrecision+ smart battery.
- Comes corded or cordless
- Exclusive battery charge gauge
- Eliminate Bluetooth interference with Zebra's proprietary Wi-Fi friendly mode
- Capture Drivers License data (DL version required)
- Direct decode indicator flashes to indicate a good decode
- Control scanner from smartphone, tablet or PC
- Weight: Corded DS8108 - 5.4 oz/154g / Cordless DS8178 - 8.3 oz./235.3g
- Colors: Nova White or Twilight Black
- Host interfaces: USB, RS232, Keyboard Wedge, TGCS (IBM) 46XX over RS485
- Decodes 1D and 2D barcodes
- Full charge 83 hours
- Scans per battery charge: 65,000 1 scan per second
- Drop Specification: Withstand multiple drops at 6 ft. to concrete
- Tumble Specification: Withstand 2000 tumbles at 1.5 ft.