ADVANCED PERFORMANCE IN A COMPACT AND COST-EFFECTIVE DESIGN
The Honeywell IF2B is a compact, cost-effective network reader designed to support diverse RFID applications in both enterprise and industrial environments that require a scalable RFID system with a low cost per read point.
Packaged in a small and lightweight, yet durable enclosure, the IF2B is suited for nearly any environment, including industrial warehouse and manufacturing operations and enterprise environments for asset and inventory management applications.
The IF2B is based on an Honeywell-designed radio frequency (RF) platform that offers best-in-class read performance and includes support for Intermec’s exclusive Advanced RFID Extensions (ARX), helping customers achieve a new level of visibility to the identification of RFID tags for greater accuracy of reading tags of interest over readers utilizing less-versatile commodity chipsets.
Reduces System and Deployment Costs for Large and Small Installations: With a focus on keeping the cost of ancillary equipment and installation low, the IF2B Network Reader includes features that reduce the costs and complexity of the overall solution.
Not only does the low-profile enclosure with integrated mounting slots allow the IF2B to be easily installed in virtually any environment, the IF2B also supports Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) for scalable deployments without the cost of adding electrical drops where AC line power is not available or practical. An optional DC converter is available to support conventional wall power. Either power method supports the full RF output power capability of the IF2B (up to 30 dBm).
Because the general purpose input/ output (GPIO) circuitry can be powered directly through either PoE or the DC power converter, the IF2B allows for direct monitoring and controlling of peripherals such as presence detectors and signal lights without requiring extra devices and power supplies to facilitate the connection.
Further reducing installation and equipment costs, the IF2B’s four antenna ports can be configured to transmit in either mono- or bi-static mode, increasing the flexibility of the system to achieve the best results for the application and environment. A variety of antennas from Intermec’s extensive product line supports diverse applications, versus integrated antenna readers that include one type of antenna and limit the flexibility of applications and deployment.
Easy to Use and Manage: The IF2B supports standard network device protocols, including auto-discovery and network service protocols, enabling seamless integration with common network infrastructures.
- Advanced performance in a compact and cost-effective design
- Easily deployed and managed on common networks
- Low cost per read point for superior ROI
- Choice of Power over Ethernet lowers cost of installation
- Enclosure: IP53 sealing Die cast magnesium base, Lexan plastic cover
- Directly monitors and controls peripherals without extra equipment
- Factory configurable to operate in world regions
- Optional 100/240 VAC power converter, power cable, antennas, antenna cables
- Dimensions: 7.42" l x 6.42" w x 1.70" h
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: -13°F to 131°F
- Enclosure: IP53 sealing, die cast magnesium base, Lexan plastic cover
- Security: FIPS 140-s compliance for HTTPS, LLRP-secure and Web Services (DCWS)-secure