High Volume Letter Opener with Optional Sorting Capabilities
The Quadient IM-306 & IM-306s have made large improvements over their predecessors, and have been the world's best selling envelope openers for more than a decade. The Quadient Model 306, with its ability to operate at a rated speed of up to 40,000 envelopes per hour, contains OPEX’s latest mail opening technology and sets a new standard for high volume mail processing. The improved milling cutter with 8 cut-depth positions removes chips as small as 0.01” from the envelope edge, producing a soft, feathered edge while protecting valuable envelope contents. Even overnight delivery envelopes are no match for the Model IM-306. Equipped with a new and robust operator control software interface, job setup can be done with ease and flexibility.
For more than thirty years, Quadient products have been a staple in mailrooms across the globe. The Model IM-306 provides significant technological improvements over its predecessors, which have been the world’s best selling envelope opening devices for more than a decade.
Most significantly, the Model IM-306 is also available with enhanced sorting capabilities as the Model IM-306s. Envelopes can be output to two locations based on programmable criteria such as thickness, length, and height. Optional batching capability allows items to be grouped together in pre-selected lot sizes.
Sorting options make the Model IM-306s a perfect fit for applications that require verification of contents either before or after extraction like claims processing, remittance, and vote-by-mail. Because of its ability to identify “clean mail” from “exception mail,” the Model IM-306s also helps to insure maximum productivity from mail extraction equipment by allowing operators to concentrate on extracting envelope contents from “clean” batches instead of trying to handle exceptions at the same time.
- High speed mail opening with operating speeds up to 40,000 envelopes per hour
- Easy-to-read backlit LCD display with multiple job, operator & language settings
- Precision milling cutter with 8 cut-depth positions protects the contents of your mail
- Auto chaff collection provides a clean workspace
- Ergonomic rolling stand with 3 mail tray supports and waste bin included
- Reverse flow conveyor permits operator to stay in place to both feed and remove envelopes
- Automatic jam detection
- Optional batching and sorting capabilities
- Feed hopper capacity: 400 envelopes
- Maximum thickness: .50"