The Intimus 85 RX Series - HIPAA Pharmacy Shredder
HIPAA requires pharmacies and health facilities apply appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of Protected Health Information (PHI), in any form. The Intimus 85 RX multi-purpose shredder is the best way pharmacies, nursing homes, medical practices and other medical facilities to ensure HIPAA Compliance. Because the 85 RX is an in-house solution, the risk of data or identity theft from outsourcing destruction to a third party is eliminated.
A commercial grade, continuous-duty, easy-to-use shredder, the 85 RX has dual feed openings to handle paper, prescription bottles, and a wide range of other items that contain sensitive patient information. Attractive styling and quiet operation allow it to be used in any environment. Its compact size fits under a standard pharmacy counter making it accessible without taking up valuable floor space.
Acceptable items: Wet or dry prescription bottles, flat or crumpled paper, medical records, cardboard, adhesive labels, acetate sheets, x-rays, foil laminated documents, ID badges, key cards, credit cards, passports and multimedia including CDs/DVDs and even VHS tapes and floppy disks.
A built-in automatic oiler keeps the cutting head lubricated and helps to clear residue from adhesive labels and sticky liquids like cough syrup.
- HIPAA compliant destruction of pill bottles, medical records & multimedia
- Dual feed slots for paper or bulky items like pill bottles
- Final particle size of 3.6 x 43 mm (1.69")
- Pill bottles up to 16 oz. including caps (Up to 5 bottles in a pass)
- Paper Capacity: Up to 33 sheets in a pass
- Optical Media Capacity: Up to 4 discs in a pass
- Up to 200 bottles per hour
- Bin Capacity: 18 gallons
- Auto reverse
- Compact size to fit under counters
- Automatic oiler
- Quiet operation
- Plugs into standard 120v wall outlet
- Sealed dust-free durable wooden cabinet
- Mounted on rollers for easy relocation
- Weight: 233 lbs.
- Dimensions: 26" w x 22" d x 30" h
- Made in Germany